Things To Be Careful Of When Starting a Weight Loss Plan

By John William Hill 

If you have decided to start a weight loss and exercise plan, chances are that you have come across a lot of different opinions and viewpoints. So how do you know who to believe and what plan to follow? I have some tips that may help.

One of the main things I have found working as a personal trainer is that the media has a massive influence on peoples ideals and perceptions. Advertising in particular is very powerful in creating attitudes towards food and exercise.

A couple of great examples are fast food adverts and also promotions for exercise equipment. Starting with the fast food adverts, have you noticed that it encourages eating this food in a family environment and playing on the fact that it is easy to eat this food rather than cook? I also dislike the fact that the adverts have people in there that really would rarely eat this type of food as well.

In terms of exercise equipment, it's funny how certain products claim you can lose weight in quick time just doing ab crunches? It doesn't much research to realise that to lose weight, you need to burn calories and doing small exercises that don't really raise the heart rate will not burn the energy required to lose weight.
The main issue is that people tend to want things quickly but rarely is the true extent of how much work is required outlined to people by the media or large companies. The main problem is that large companies are online interested in making a profit rather providing accurate information that helps sustainable healthy lifestyles.

The best piece of advice I can give is to do your research first and make an informed choice based on what your goals are. There are plenty of tools on healthy eating, exercise and supplements that can help to guide you on the right path. Be very careful of any quick fix solution, especially anything that tells you that you can do one thing and not change your diet for example.

As a personal trainer I have the most challenges fighting the quick fix culture and trying to get good maintainable results. My own weight loss journey taught me a lot about quick results versus sustainable results. I always try and set realistic expectations with all my personal training clients as well so we can guard against the traps mentioned above. This helps me provide a better service as I feel I am being more whole rather than just showing up and working them out.

Hi I'm John, I am a mobile personal trainer in the Birmingham area. I work as a business owner for Inspiring Fitness and I also look after business development, marketing and recruitment

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/